Setting goals for 2019
We’re in that period right before the New Year where we all start reflecting on resolutions for the year ahead.
Today, I’m going to share some of my process of planning for 2019… and you’re invited to join me in the exercise. 🙂
Let’s start by looking at goals inside your business or organization. Even if your fiscal year starts and ends in the middle of the year, the New Year is a great opportunity to start fresh, and set goals for how you’d like to improve and grow your business.
Set a timer for 10 minutes and brainstorm…
- What are your revenue goals?
- What are your staffing goals?
- What milestones do you want to reach?
- What are your professional development goals for you and your team?
Often we have other goals that get swept to the side and the pressing needs in business are at the forefront. These are the kinds of goals that require more focused effort to achieve, or maybe some additional training or coaching. I encourage you to take time now to think about this for yourself…
- What other professional or personal goals you have for the year ahead that you might need to create space for?
- What kinds of activities light you up? What excites you?
I want to do more travel this year, while helping others meet their goals from a business perspective. I’d love to deliver more keynote talks around the country, as well as lead more workshops.
Other activities that really light me up include getting out there and launching a podcast and creating an online video series.
- With your goals in mind, what kind of resolutions can you set to support those goals?
For example, one of my resolutions is to maintain a sense of balance – so that when a new opportunity presents itself, I can take advantage of it. So one of my core goals is to create space for myself and new opportunities.
I’d love to hear what your goals and resolutions are for 2019 – leave a comment below and share with me!
‘Til next time,