Widen Your Reach: Reuse Your Content
Content doesn’t just create itself. You have to spend time researching, writing, and editing your work. So once you’ve completed the laborious but rewarding process to produce a great piece of content, doesn’t it feel like a crime to only use it once?
What’s our advice? Repurpose the material you’re truly proud of! Consider spending less time on creating more content, and more time on getting your best content into the hands and eyes of a larger, diverse audience.
Repurposing content can expand your online presence, free up your to-do list, as well as increase your sales. Presenting content in different ways allows everyone to digest information in a format that works for them, which leads to your words gaining greater exposure. Give it a try and you’ll see repurposing content will get maximum visibility of the message you’re working to convey.
How Repurposing Raises the Bar
When we put our content in numerous formats, we’re more likely to have our message resonate with a wider audience. It’s essentially a second chance for the world to hear what you have to say. Here’s how repurposing can boost your brand and your results:
- Increases Exposure of Your Brand – Between the boost in SEO and the increased conversion rates, your content and your brand will be reaching the people you need, while keeping your product or service top of mind.
- Increase Conversion Rates – We don’t want content that simply sits stagnant in one spot of the Internet. We want people to share what we have to say. When it’s on multiple platforms, we’re reaching a wider audience, therefore maximizing the likelihood our work will move through cyberspace. While your words wander across the internet, you’ll be able to keep track of things product sales or new email subscribers.
- Boosts SEO – Search engines take into account how much engagement your content draws. The more platforms your content appears on, the more credible your content becomes. And the SEO robots love that.
How do you repurpose your content?
By sharing the same information on different platforms, you’re able to extend your reach to new audiences. Here are five of our favorite ways to take what’s old and make it new again:
Did your content begin as a newsletter you sent to your loyal following? Get the most bang for your buck and consider turning it into:
- A blog – Blogs are a wonderful way to share your knowledge on a subject as well as add some great content to your website. Making sure your blogs are search engine optimized will help target viewers that are looking to read the information you’ve worked so hard to present. Tagging appropriate keywords can add an extra punch to your efforts.
- An audio format – Hearing the voice of the author or the presenter helps to give an added authenticity to the information and foster a deeper sense of connection with the audience. An MP3 or any type of audio format can also capture the attention of busy bees that may not have time to sit and read an article, but they are able to listen to your words on the go.
- An infographic – Presenting information visually and in bite-sized doses can reach a whole new audience that might not read an entire newsletter. Infographics drill down the information into clear, digestible chunks. Instagram and Pinterest are a haven for this type of presentation of your content.
- Social media post – Make multiple social media posts by taking bits and pieces of information from an original work such as a newsletter. For example, break down a few key thoughts and create fun visuals in graphic design websites like Canva. Social media posts are extremely “shareable” which can even lead to your content going viral!
- Webinar – Hosting a webinar with your best content is a great way to connect with your audience in a “live” format. They help position you as a leader in your industry. Aside from positioning yourself as a leader, it’s an opportunity to turn warm leads into new clients!
Does your business need help creating content? The team at Platinum PR would love to help. Visit www.platinumpr.com to learn more or give us a call at 304-876-8321 to set up a free 60-minute consultation.