We’re seeking a creative, analytical, and hardworking marketer and writer to be Platinum PR’s Social Media Coordinator.
Platinum PR is a boutique marketing and PR agency founded in 2002. Platinum PR serves economic development and tourism agencies across the mid-Atlantic region with marketing and communications initiatives.
This position offers you the opportunity to work as an integral part of a small, passionate, creative team.
As our Social Media Coordinator, you’ll be helping us tell our client’s stories through social media and other digital platforms.
You’ll be developing and implementing social media campaigns for various clients.
You’ll work collaboratively within a small team where your creative brainstorming and ideas are encouraged.
If you love social media, connecting with people and places, and are a creative storyteller, this position could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Manage all social media content creation and postings
- Implement proper marketing metrics and analytics; track, monitor, and spot trends.
- Write marketing copy for various clients to be used on the web and social media (could include occasional print / traditional advertising uses)
- Create supplemental materials for clients and team as needed (i.e., photos, videos, and graphics)
- Work collaboratively with clients, colleagues, and fellow team members to reach communication goals.
- Must have powerful writing and editing skills.
- You are skilled at absorbing and synthesizing information.
- You are analytical and adaptable with different brand voices and tones.
- You are an excellent communicator and can clearly articulate complex ideas in an approachable manner.
- You’re comfortable wearing the creative hat — thinking as big and wildly as possible. At the same time, you’re able to reign it in and work within the structure, deadlines, and specific client requirements.
- You’re a self-starter, self-motivated, and you’re able to stay organized and see the big picture of what needs to be done as well as the small details.
- You can work independently, ask for help when needed, and know when to raise a red flag if needed.
- You’re an active learner, and you can take feedback well (seeing it as an opportunity to learn and grow).
You are skilled in the following programs:
- MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Social Media Management for businesses/organizations – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.
- Social Media Analytics
- Google Analytics
- Digital and Traditional Marketing
You are skilled in or have the aptitude for learning the following:
- Photography and Videography
- Understanding of Economic Development and Tourism-based communications
- Graphic Design basics / Canva
People of all gender identities and members of all racial and ethnic groups are encouraged to apply.
We welcome both experienced candidates and active learners who are passionate about working hard and growing.
Full Time with the following hours: Monday-Thursday, 8-5 pm; Friday 8-3 pm.
Evening or weekend work will occasionally be required and will be scheduled in advance.
Salary: $45,000 – $55,000
Salary based on experience. With regular performance reviews and opportunities for advancement.
After 90-day review period, Platinum PR pays 100% of the employee cost for medical, dental and vision. Company supported retirement plan is also available after 90-day review period. Vacation and holiday pay are also available after an initial performance review.