Platinum PR – Places Reimagined is hiring! We’re seeking an experienced, detail-oriented and hardworking writer for the position of Communications Specialist.
This position offers you the opportunity to work as an integral part of a small, passionate, creative team that’s helping communities thrive.
As the Communications Specialist, you’ll be our frontline communications support – creating the content, distributing it, and following up with the client, team members, or the media.
As our primary content creator for many of our clients, you’ll be writing content including, but not limited to: press releases, blogs, marketing copy, ads, websites, and brochures.
You’ll be overseeing all newsletters and blogs for our clients, along with their social media accounts. Along with writing the content, you’ll be uploading it to online platforms such as MailChimp, Constant Contact, and WordPress. Then, you’ll also be reviewing and tracking analytics for our clients.
You’ll manage relationships with clients, keeping them on schedule with their marketing plans by following up as needed (i.e. pestering them when necessary to stay on track with their marketing deadlines!).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Write marketing copy for various clients to be used on the web, social media, print ads, radio ads, and more.
- Write and share regular newsletters and blogs.
- Write and oversee social media content for our clients.
- Upload content to online platforms.
- Review and track analytics for content across platforms.
- Work collaboratively with clients, colleagues, and fellow team members to execute communications plans.
- Provide assistance and guidance to interns as needed.
- Other duties as needed.
- Must have very strong writing and editing skills.
- You have a streak of perfectionism when it comes to editing/proofreading a document for mistakes or oversights. (Preferred but not required – You’re skilled in AP style.)
- You’re comfortable wearing the creative hat – thinking as big and wildly as possible. At the same time, you’re able to reign it in and work within the structure, deadlines, and specific client requirements.
- You’re a self-starter, self-motivated, and you’re able to stay organized and see the big picture of what needs to be done as well as the small details.
- You can work independently, ask for help when needed, and know when to raise a red flag if needed.
- You’re an active learner, and you can take feedback well (seeing it as an opportunity to learn and grow).
- You’re a team player and actively seek to help others on the team to learn and grow collectively.
You are skilled in the following programs:
- MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Social Media – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.
- WordPress or similar CMS
You are skilled in or have the aptitude for learning the following:
- MailChimp or ConstantContact Email Marketing Systems
- Understanding of Economic Development and Tourism-based communications
People of all gender identities and members of all racial and ethnic groups are encouraged to apply.
We welcome both experienced candidates and active learners who are passionate about working hard and growing.
Full-Time: Monday-Thursday, 8-5pm; Friday 8-3pm.
Evening or weekend work will occasionally be required and will be scheduled in advance.
Ideally, we’re seeking a candidate who is based in Frederick, Maryland who will work with us in person in our Frederick office.
After a 90-day trial period, a hybrid in-person/work-from-home position is possible.
Negotiable – based on experience. With regular performance reviews and opportunities for advancement.
Benefits (after 90 days):
100% company paid health, dental and vision insurance.
Company supporter retirement plan.
Company paid short & long term disability.
Vacation and standard holidays