Platinum PR is seeking an energetic, self-motivated and hard-working individual for the position of Marketing Intern. If you’re a strong writer who wants to build a career in Marketing, Content Writing and PR, this is the opportunity for you!
We’re seeking a hard-working individual with excellent writing and communication skills, as well as the ability to stay organized and multitask. The successful candidate has an in-depth knowledge of marketing techniques, content writing, and social media platforms.
- Writing marketing content for various clients to be used on the web, social media, print ads, radio ads, etc.
- Contributing to the creation of mock-ups, email campaigns and social media content.
- Designing and presenting new social media campaign ideas.
- Distributing the content to the appropriate recipient (such as the media, the client, etc.).
- Monitoring and tracking communications between the clients and various media outlets such as newspapers, radio broadcasts, and television stations.
- Working collaboratively with clients, colleagues, and fellow team members to execute communications plans.
- Informing the media of any newsworthy events on behalf of clients.
- Very strong writing and editing skills.
- A streak of perfectionism when it comes to editing/proofreading a document for mistakes or oversights.
- Preferred but not required: Skilled in AP Style.
- Good understanding of the latest marketing trends and techniques.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills. (You’re comfortable talking to strangers, building relationships and making cold calls to the media.)
- You’re comfortable wearing the creative hat — thinking as big and wildly as possible. At the same time, you’re able to reign it in and work within the structure, deadlines, and specific client requirements.
- You’re a self-starter, self-motivated, and you’re able to stay organized and see the big picture of what needs to be done as well as the small details.
- You can work independently, ask for help when needed, and know when to raise a red flag if needed.
- You’re an active learner, and you can take feedback well (seeing it as an opportunity to learn and grow).
You are skilled in the following programs:
- MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Social Media – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.
- WordPress or similar CMS
We welcome both experienced candidates as well as active learners who are passionate about working hard and growing.
Work Schedule / Location / Compensation:
Monday – Friday: flexible around your class schedule
This internship is available at our Frederick, Maryland office (with the potential of being virtual due to COVID-19).
This is a paid internship.
Email Sandy@PlatinumPR.com – be sure to include when you’d like to start in the subject line – “Intern Application: [Fall, Spring or Summer] Semester”
Platinum PR is a boutique marketing and PR agency started in 2002 by CEO Sandy Dubay. Platinum PR serves Economic Development and Tourism Agencies across the mid-Atlantic region with their Marketing and Communications initiatives. In an intimate office setting, you’ll have the opportunity to work as an integral part of a small, passionate, creative team, and closely with our clients and colleagues.