Today is our 400th newsletter! Woohoo! We’re thrilled to reach this milestone.
The Platinum PR newsletter started back in 2009 with a blog all about how President Obama was using Facebook as a way to speak to the American public! Over the years, the newsletter has had a mixture of tip-oriented articles, content series, and personal blogs. We’ve built up a catalog of topics such as digital marketing, place-based marketing, communications, diversity & inclusion, COVID pivoting, and Zoom.
Here are some of the highlights…
- Lots of tips on content creation, like how to create a content calendar, how to get blog ideas from co-workers, and an easy way to braindump blog ideas.
- Top 5 Website Nonnegotiables for EDOs – We love creating free guides, like this one!
- 12 Months of Fun With My Daughter – If you’ve been on my list for a while, you’ve been a witness to my daughter getting her driver’s license, playing in the marching band at Disney World, going to college and creating some of our most fun memories together!
- Tips for Zoom, like a Zoom checklist, sample promotion timeline for a Zoom webinar, and tips for feeling more confident on Zoom.
- Creative Challenges, like the The PR Challenge and the TikTok Challenge
- That time my photo was in the Washington Post
- Guest blogs from the team, like from Ellen here and here, or Sophie here.
Content creation is hard. To do this weekly (95% of the time) is no small feat. One reason we made it to the 400th newsletter today is because years ago, I decided to get support. I’ve worked with a writing partner who’s helped me stay accountable all of these years. As a verbal communicator, I’ll leave brainstormed ideas on a voice memo, and then she’ll write a draft, and we’ll review it and edit it together.
This is one way we help our clients, as well. Feel free to reach out if you’d like some support with consistent content creation!
My favorite element of writing these newsletters is when someone takes the time to hit reply. Every time I send a newsletter out, I get a response in some way. That means a lot.
Thank you for being a part of this journey. Here is to the next 400 newsletters!!
Let me know – is there anything you’d love to see more of? Leave a comment below to share… I’d love to hear from you. 🙂
‘Til next time,
P.S. Have you listened to our new podcast, the Frederick Factor, yet? Check out Episode 1, where we interview Angel and Crystal Rivera, owners of the Puerto Rico Distillery. Tune in to learn about their journey of bringing Puerto Rican moonshine to the USA, opening a business during the pandemic, and falling in love with Frederick. Listen here: