Sandy Sponaugle is the CEO and Founder of Platinum PR, as well as a publicist, marketing consultant, public speaker, spokesperson, and public relations team leader.
Sandy is passionate about helping communities in the mid-Atlantic region grow and diversify their economies and job opportunities for residents. She brings her expertise in communications, social media, marketing, economic development, and tourism to help clients create & implement customized communications plans right for them.
Sandy is a graduate of Shepherd University with a Bachelor of Science in economics and business administration. She previously served as a Research Specialist at the Jefferson County Development Authority in Charles Town, WV and most recently as a Business Development Specialist in the Frederick County Office of Economic Development in Frederick, MD.
Sandy is a member of industry organizations such as:
- American Advertising Federation of Greater Frederick
- International Economic Development Council (IEDC)
- Jefferson County Chamber of Commerce (Board of Directors)
- Martinsburg-Berkeley County Chamber of Commerce
- Maryland Economic Development Association (MEDA)
- Shepherd University – Advisory Board for Communication
Sandy is believes in “service above self” and is an active member of community organizations like:
- Shepherd University Alumni Association (currently President)
- Active Member of the Shepherdstown Rotary (currently President)
- Scarborough Society of Shepherd University (Board of Directors)
- Jefferson High School LSIC (Ex-Officio Member)
- Washington High School Business Advisory Council (Member)
She has received awards and recognition such as:
- The Van Ryzin Award for volunteerism from the United Way of the Eastern Panhandle
- Recognized as a Young Gun by West Virginia Executive Magazine for her entrepreneurial successes and community service activities
- PR Professional of the Year by The American Advertising Federation – Greater Frederick (2013)
Sandy has also been involved in several leadership programs
- A member of Leadership Berkeley Class of 2005-ish
- A member of the Leadership Maryland Class of 2016
Sandy is also a public speaker and trainer.