A website all EDOs & community leaders should know about right now
Recently, I wrote a guest post for RestoreYourEconomy.org, a project funded by the U.S. Economic Development Administration and managed by the International Economic Development Council.
RestoreYourEconomy.org provides resources and best practice information for public and private stakeholders who are seeking to rebuild their local economies after an economic disruption, such as the one we are currently navigating.
I wrote a guest post providing practical communication tips about how to keep your community informed of available resources during COVID 19. Some tips you will find in the article include:
- Create a page on your website listing local, state, and national COVID resources for businesses
Create a page on your website supporting local businesses that includes up-to-date information about how to support local businesses – whether that’s through online purchases, buying gift cards, etc.
How to use video webinars and email in order to share information widely.
I encourage you to also take a look at the entire site, which provides guidance to communities struggling with the following questions:
- What is my role as an economic developer in the disaster recovery process?
- Where can I find a list of federal resources focused on recovery assistance?
- When and how do I set up a business recovery center?
- What are the components of a successful economic recovery process and plan?
- What are some successful strategies to build resilience into the local economy?
- How do I try to encourage my local businesses to make preparations to reduce their vulnerabilities?
They are working tirelessly to pull together helpful resources, resources, practices, templates, and tools for economic development and chamber of commerce professionals, as well as community leaders, planners, organizers, and advocates working on economic recovery efforts during this time.
This site is one great example of how to put great leadership and communication in action.
‘Til next time,